Friday 27 September 2013

Soap & Glory Review

I absolutely love Soap & Glory I have been a fan for many years, each birthday and Christmas I get bought  the Clean on Me Creamy Clarifying Shower gel as it really is the best shower gel I have ever used. It comes in a 500ml bottle which lasts ages! you don't need to use much as it is really creamy so you only need to use a couple of pumps of this for your whole body. It smells gorgeous as this is the original shower gel it uses the signature soap and glory scent, it also has an inbuilt body lotion in it so its perfect if your in a rush as they is not need to apply moisturiser after as it leaves your skin really soft.

More recently they have been extending their make up range, which I'm definitely wanting to try some of their new releases. I don't tend to repurchase make up as I'm always wanting to try new products but this summer I bought the One Heck of a Blot powder twice and have been very impressed, for my oily skin I wouldn't say it controls oil as well as my Mac Prep and Prime finishing powder but for the money its really good! For £12 you get a fine powder that has a ever so slight yellow tinge to it but this stops your skin from looking ashy and makes your skin look much more healthy looking plus you get a mirror so its handy for on the go application. I also found even when I had only applied a BB cream that when I used this powder over the top my skin looked much more even toned and airbrushed. The only problem is with this powder is that I don't think its very long lasting I find after a few hours my skin gets a bit too shiny but because it is a fine powder you can reapply it throughout the day without it looking too powdery on the skin.

However I bought my first Soap & Glory product I have been disappointed with this is the Scrubatomic Amazing Daily Face Polish. When I first used this I was amazed at the smell, it has Peach and GoJuice extract in it so I was excited for my face to smell like peaches but what I didn't think at the time was that it is highly perfumed. It is a similar product to the Clarins Facial Cleanser it is a creamy texture with small micro beads but unlike the Clarins Cleanser the micro beads are quite harsh on the skin. On the packaging it says that it is a daily polish but I would definitely not use it everyday as it strips any moisture from the skin and made my skin really red and sore, also because it is fragranced it has caused me to have quite a few spots. I have definitely learnt a lesson from this when it comes to the face check on the packaging to make sure it isn't highly fragranced and also when it comes to cleansers if you find one that suits your skin then stick to it. So when payday come I will be back at the Clarins counter.

Thanks for reading

                               Katie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment